The Ethics of Health Systems Research Thematic Working Group (TWG) aims to explore what ethical issues arise in relation to health policy and systems research (HPSR) in low and middle-income countries (LMICs), how they should be addressed, and by whom.
The goal of this TWG is to initiate critical thinking on the ethics of health systems research in LMICs in order to inform health systems strengthening efforts around the world.
- To build awareness of and interest in the wide range of ethics guidance and literature that is potentially relevant to Health Systems Global (HSG) members.
- To identify ethical dilemmas experienced over the course of funding, planning, conducting, disseminating, and reviewing diverse forms of HPSR.
- To share ideas on how relevant ethical theories and principles might be applied to support practice and contribute to guidance for HPSR stakeholders.
- To contribute scholarly work to the global discourse on health systems ethics and HPSR ethics, especially in LMICs.
- To help develop capacity for ethics analysis and review of HPSR within LMICs.
TWG activities include hosting webinars, workshops, meetings at bioethics and global health conferences, conference panels, and Google Group discussions.