HSG is seeking the election of a Regional Board Representative from South-East Asia (as defined by the WHO) to serve on the Board.
The service term for the newly elected Regional Board Representative will begin in July 2021 and conclude at the end of 2022. The Representative will be eligible to participate in the 2022 HSG Board elections.
Learn about the eligible candidates below
HSG members only from the South-East Asian region will be invited to vote online for their preferred candidate between June 18-28, 2021.
Role & Responsibilities
An HSG Board Member is expected to:
- Serve as an energetic “goodwill ambassador” for HSG in spheres of influence, with the understanding that there shall not be remuneration by the Society for membership on the Board.
- Attend four (4) board meetings annually.
- Undertake at least three committee and/or working group assignments. Please view the list of committees and working groups.
- Commit the required time to manage HSG activities or engagements, as required, requested, and agreed upon. This commitment is estimated to be 20-30 days per year.
- Adhere to HSG’s Bylaws and Terms of Reference for board members and complete the Conflict of Interest questionnaire, if required.
The Regional Representative to the HSG Board is expected to:
- Champion HSG and serve as a vehicle to promote HSG in the region.
- Support the Board’s identification of advocacy opportunities in the region and engage with these opportunities with assistance from the HSG Secretariat.
- Support capacity strengthening initiatives in the region:
- Co-organize regional/cross-regional events – conferences, convenings, webinars that are relevant to Health Policy and Systems Research (HPSR) and ensure visibility of the HSG brand.
- Plan and organize regional pre-conferences for the HSR symposium (HSG’s signature event), or conduct a pre-symposium webinar series to build the capacity of young researchers and their engagement with the Symposium.
- Represent HSG in the regional events and help disseminate HSG-relevant information among regional HSG members.
- Build and expand the regional network of individuals engaged with HSG and promote HSG membership and its benefits through a peer network.