The Health Systems Global (HSG) Europe Regional Network aims to enhance cross-learning across the European Region and to share experiences, find collaboration partners, and build capacity in health policy and systems research (HPSR).
The European Region has a strong HPSR community, and there is a wealth of good practices, experiences, and international collaboration. However, HPSR expertise is predominantly concentrated in the high-income countries of the region, there are north–south and west–east divides, and significant disparities between countries in terms of health systems resources, reach, and capacity to absorb evidence.
There is a need for better regional and global cross-learning, sharing experiences, finding collaboration partners, and continuous and sustainable HPSR capacity building. Within this context, HSG’s engagement plan for the European Region is guided by the following objectives:
- Connect members of HPSR community and assess regional needs.
- Strengthen links between members by creating the Europe Regional Network.
- Increase regional participation in Global Symposia on Health Systems Research and other global events relevant to HPSR.
- Increase awareness of HPSR in Eastern Europe, particularly in post-Soviet countries.
- Support cross-country and cross-regional collaboration.