October 9, 2022
Following the statement on the situation regarding visas for Colombia, we can confirm that the online visa application portal of the Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs is now temporarily out of service. The Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has posted on its website that its visa portal is due to be back online on October 21, 2022, at 8:00 am (Colombian Time or UTC -5).
We understand that foreign nationals are not able to submit new or renewal visa applications, that in-person applications are not possible, and that adjudication on already submitted visa applications will not be available until the system is back online. As such, HSG is no longer issuing visa letters.
Please know that the HSR2022 Local Organising Committee continues to seek assistance from the Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in efforts to support delegates who have applied for visas. HSG remains grateful for their assistance during this critical time.
We would like to reiterate how very disappointed we are that this situation has transpired and is negatively impacting our colleagues from around the world in their ability to attend the Symposium. While outside of our control, we continue to work diligently to assist delegates as best we can until this issue is resolved.
- Delegates are requested to kindly check if they need a visa to enter Colombia on the Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs website, at https://www.cancilleria.gov.co/tramites_servicios/visa/requisitos. In the drop-down menu, under “Purpose of your trip (Propósito de viaje o permanencia),” please select “Tourism / Participant in event (Turismo / Participante en evento).”
- Individuals who have submitted visa applications, and awaiting a response, should check their emails regularly as some delegates have been receiving information from their consulate or embassy in this manner.
- Individuals should also reach out to their local Colombian embassy or consulate if they are experiencing problems with their visa application fee, for information on the status of their visa application or for processing times information.
We have also amended our cancellation policy and expanded deadlines to October 14, 2022, to support delegates who are directly affected by the temporary shut-down of the Colombian visa application portal, as described below:
Delegates with nationalities or passports from countries that require visas – and who are unable to travel to Bogota due to visa-related issues, can:
- cancel their registration for a full refund until Friday, October 14;
- transfer their registration to a new participant free of charge until Friday, October 14;
- change their mode of participation, free of charge, and receive a refund for the difference in registration fees, until Friday, October 14.
Please view cancellation policy changes for all other HSR 2022 participants here.
Colleagues who need to make changes to their registration can submit a request along with necessary details to email@example.com. Full details are available on our Cancellation Policy webpage.
We thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we work through this situation.