The Fourth Global Forum on Human Resources for Health will be held in Dublin, Ireland, from 13-17 November 2017. Under the overarching theme of ‘Building the health workforce of the future’, there are four sub-themes:
- Aligning education and utilization of skills to optimize workforce performance
- Policies and planning for labour market transformation and employment for health
- Decent work, rights and responsibilities
- Moving forward: improving governance for effective implementation of the Global Strategy on HRH.
The issue of human resources for health cuts across many of the topics covered by the Health Systems Global Thematic Working Groups, several of which will be involved in sessions at the Forum. Your attendance and participation in the following sessions would be warmly welcomed:
- Expanding the Boundaries of HRH Research: Launching the Health Policy and Systems Research Human Resources for Health Reader!
Wednesday, 15 November, 2017, 12:15 – 13:30
HSG’s Vice Chair, Asha George, who led the development of the Health Policy and Systems Research Human Resources for Health Reader along with colleagues, will launch the Reader during this lunchtime session at the Forum. This in-person launch event follows the HSG webinar on Novenber 2nd – Expanding the boundaries of human resources for health research: the Health Policy and Systems Research Human Resources for Health Reader. The webinar presented an overview of the reader contents and the background to development.
- Towards a community health worker gender action framework
Thursday, 16 November 2017, 10:30 – 12:00, Minerva
This panel highlights the ways in which gender shapes community health workers’ experiences of decent work, rights and responsibilities across different geographical contexts and sectors and provides a forum for dialogue on the evidence to build and sustain gender transformative and equitable health systems and opportunities for action to support this pivotal cadre.
- The Resilience of Human Resource Management (HRM) in the Context of Crisis: the Case of Health Worker Deployment in Northern Uganda and Zimbabwe, Presentation in the session on Effective Leadership and Management
Thursday, 16 November 2017, 17:30 – 18:30, Dodder A
We look forward to seeing you there!