The Fifth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research is days away and final preparations are in full force. Looking at early bird registrations, interest in the event is high and we expect to see a record number of participants, including the 1,994 number of participants already registered as of today.
Thanks to the hard work of multiple committee members and scores of volunteers supporting the Symposium organization, delegates can expect:
- interactive plenaries featuring keynote speakers;
- exciting scientific content complemented with numerous skill-building sessions;
- numerous morning launch events;
- and many other exciting opportunities to be explored in the Symposium program and Symposium app.
- poster exhibitions featuring 396 posters competing for the best poster awards, which will be announced on the final day of the Symposium;
- a lively and engaging marketplace featuring work from our many members and colleagues, affording opportunities for further sharing, learning and networking;
- health walks allowing deeper exploration of Liverpool and its public health past and present;
- a social evening in a beautiful Liverpool Anglican Cathedral, which is not to be missed;
Not only do we expect a record number of participants, but also with the generous support of our donors we will be bringing 283 scholarship recipients from 114 different countries. Those receiving scholarships are 55% female, 86% from low- and middle-income countries, and 35 students from high-income countries. Recipients are currently finalizing their travel arrangements with the professional conference organizer and Raptim travel.
This is the first time ever that our scholarship recipients will include media fellows. The fellows are an important part of HSG’s efforts to extend the geographic reach of the Symposium and engage many who will not be present in Liverpool. Other activities will include a series of Facebook Live broadcasts during the week to share some of the discussions and energy from the venue.
Throughout the Symposium, our ten thematic working groups will be having meetings and sessions in the venue. Look out for their new #WhatsYourNumber campaign at the Symposium and on social media, and make sure you join the groups to increase your opportunities for engagement with the society. You can also find out more about the TWGs at the HSG stall in the Exhibition space.
We look forward to seeing and meeting you in Liverpool and if you have not already registered for the event, please do not miss out!