Health Systems Global, in partnership with the journal Health Policy and Planning and with financial support from International Development Research Centre (IDRC) Canada, is pleased to announce a call for papers on the theme “Resilient and responsive health systems for a changing world”, which is also the theme of the Fourth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research. This call is intended for those who have submitted conference abstracts and/or presentations for the HSG symposium. Accepted papers will be published as a special journal supplement shortly after the Symposium, which will take place in Vancouver, Canada 14th-18th November 2016. The theme for the call is “Resilient and responsive health systems for a changing world” which is also the theme of the Symposium. Papers speaking to each of the conference sub themes listed below will be targeted.
- Enhancing health system resilience: absorbing shocks and sustaining gains in every setting
- Equity, rights, gender and ethics: responsiveness through values-based health systems
- Engaging power and politics in promoting health and public value
- Implementing improvement and innovation in health services and systems
- New partnerships and collaborations for health system research and development
- Future reciprocal learning and evaluation approaches for health system development
The supplement will have a maximum of 12-15 articles that cover the main conference sub themes (i.e. approximately 4-5 papers per sub theme). All papers will be subject to peer review.
It is our aim that 75% of accepted papers must come from a low- and/or middle-income country author, listed as corresponding author on the paper.
Full manuscripts should be submitted to Health Policy and Planning by 16 December 2016 through the submission link on the journal website (http://heapol.oxfordjournals.org/). During the submission process please note your paper is to be considered as part of a special issue.
Original research articles as well as review papers are invited.
Please contact the editorial office if you have any further enquiries.