Health Systems Global (HSG) and The Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research (AHPSR) are committed to supporting individual capacity for the conduct and uptake of health policy and systems research (HPSR). Peer reviewed publications are important for communicating scientific work, recognition within the research community and career progression. However, women lag behind their male colleagues in publications. A recent Lancet review argued that the division in knowledge between genders exists in all countries, with less than 30% of the world’s researchers being women. They further argue that while the proportion of women is increasing, these women still publish less than their male counterparts.
HSG and AHPSR in collaboration with Health Policy and Planning, invite early-career women based in Low- and Middle-Income Countries and working on HPSR issues, who are interested to publish their HPSR research for the first time in the Global peer-reviewed journal but require guidance and support to submit a manuscript which has the potential to be published.
Prospective mentees must:
- Be early-career women willing to publish a paper relevant to the field of health policy or health systems research and related to theme or any of the sub-themes of 6th Global Symposium of Health Systems Research;
- Be resident and working in a LMIC setting;
- Be able to develop abstract and scientific paper in English;
- Not have any previous publications in a peer-reviewed journal with Global reach as a lead author;
- Require guidance through a one-to-one mentorship to prepare a high-quality publishable manuscript for a peer-reviewed journal.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a short motivation letter, and an abstract of their completed research work (500 words max), which they intend to convert into a fully developed scientific paper for publishing in the journal. Abstracts and motivation letters must be submitted online by the deadline of September 6th, 2019.
For more information and to apply, please see our full Call for Mentees.