To support the HSG Secretariat transition process, HSG is announcing a call for an Executive Director and/or a new organizational home for HSG. HSG’s Board is looking for either:
- An individual who is willing to replace HSG’s outgoing Executive Director (scheduled to retire at the end 2020), and is willing to move to Tbilisi, Georgia to work with the Curatio International Foundation staff to operate the HSG Secretariat from Tbilisi; OR
- An individual who would like to remain within their current organization as Executive Director and employ resources within that organization to perform Secretariat duties.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall leadership and management of Health Systems Global’s operational, programmatic, and administrative functions. Working under the guidance and supervision of the Health Systems Global Board, the Executive Director is accountable for the implementation of the strategic vision set out by the Board, and leads the development and implementation of HSG’s strategic plan.
The Executive Director maintains strong relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders that are essential collaborators in HSG’s efforts. S/he has the responsibility and accountability to set the tone for the Secretariat’s internal and external interactions by exemplifying values of high ethical standards, integrity, and fairness. S/he must act in the best interests of HSG in all contexts and circumstances.
The Board will select the Executive Director and/or Secretariat through an open and competitive process. The appointment will be for five years, renewable for subsequent five-year terms based on performance appraisal and agreement reached with the Board.
Please note: At the request of some applicants, the HSG Board working group responsible for this call has decided to extend the submission deadline to October 20th, 2019.
The AMENDED Recruitment timelines is following:
- October 20th, 2019: Deadline for the submission of EOI, for an ED or an organization
- End of October or initial weeks of November 2019: Educational calls with invited candidates before they submit fullproposals
- December 20th, 2019: Deadline to submit a full proposal
- January – February 2020: Clarifications and negotiations with promisingcandidates/organizations
- March – April 2020: Final decision making by the Board
To find out more about the role and application process, you can read the full call (PDF) and a blog post about the role from HSG’s current Executive Director, George Gotsadze.