The Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research was established in 1999 and is housed as an international partnership within the World Health Organization (WHO). The four main objectives of the Alliance are to:
- Provide a unique forum for the health policy and systems research community;
- Support institutional capacity for the conduct and uptake of health policy and systems research;
- Stimulate the generation of knowledge and innovations to nurture learning and resilience in
- Increase the demand for and use of knowledge for strengthening health systems.
The Alliance is seeking nominations for board members who can offer skills, knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- the potential candidates should be either individual researchers or policy makers with relevant experience, qualifications and knowledge within the HPSR field;
- they should have a strategic perspective, an awareness of the dynamics and the need to anticipate and capitalize on opportunities;
- the time, energy, interest, and willingness to become involved in the Alliance HPSR board and its future;
- well regarded within the HPSR community, with an inquiring mind, candid, yet constructive approach;
- demonstrated ability to generate and/or obtain funding from potential donors.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an email to email@example.com The subject line should read “Application to serve on the Alliance Board.” The email should include a brief explanation on why s/he wants to serve on the Alliance Board, noting particular skills, knowledge and experience in the field of HPSR and their demonstrated ability to generate and/or obtain funding from potential donors. A short bio and/or curriculum Vitae (CV) should accompany the email.
The Alliance HPSR is dedicated to having a culturally diverse Board in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women. Applicants from Africa and the Asian-Pacific region will be given a priority.
Closing date: 15 March 2017