The abstract submission deadline for the Fourth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research has passed. Now it is time for the Symposium scientific committee to review the submissions.
Submissions were geographically diverse, with abstracts received from 109 countries and territories. The Symposium’s themes were well reflected in the submissions, with ‘implementing improvement and innovation in health services and systems’ attracting most interest.
HSR2016 abstract submissions by numbers:
- 2577 abstract submissions were received from 109 countries and territories from around the world.
- 2064 were for oral presentations, 484 for poster presentations, and 29 were for e-posters.
- Abstract coverage across the Symposium’s themes were:
- Engaging power and politics in promoting health and public value – 230
- Enhancing health system resilience: absorbing shocks and sustaining gains in every setting – 427
- Equity, rights, gender and ethics: maintaining responsiveness through values-based health systems – 442
- Future learning and evaluation approaches for health system development – 197
- Implementing improvement and innovation in health services and systems – 973
- New partnerships and collaborations for health system research and development – 208
- Other – 100
Reminder of key dates:
- Multimedia abstract submission closes on 28th April
- Satellite session submission closes on 1st June