The goal of the Medicines in Health Systems Thematic Working Group (TWG) is to facilitate positive change in medicines availability, access, affordability, quality, and use, by informing and facilitating dialogue among different stakeholders in systems.
The Medicines in Health Systems TWG was founded in 2014.
- Highlight the importance of medicines in health systems among Health System Global (HSG) members, TWGs, and beyond.
- Identify the needs of stakeholders to effectively address medicines situations in health systems.
- Facilitate constructive dialogue among stakeholders within and across systems, with the goal of generating ideas for innovations in how medicines are produced, delivered, financed, and used in pluralistic health systems.
- Strengthen capacity of HSG members and others in generating evidence on medicines in health systems, with the goal of establishing a portfolio of evidence on the impacts of medicines management and policy approaches within and across systems
- Disseminate applied research evidence and other policy-relevant information early and efficiently to each relevant system stakeholder.
- Generate, share and discuss evidence on medicines in health systems through:
- Build capacity and leadership in the area of medicines within health systems.
- Network globally with professionals and organization on medicines in health systems.
- Collaborate with other TWGs on medicines in health systems.
Measuring and Evaluating Social Outcomes of Medicines Access Initiatives
Wednesday October 28th at 14:00-15:00 CET / 13:00-14:00 GMT / 09:00-10:00 EDT
Presenters: Richard Laing, Monica Onyango, Boston University
Commentators: Executives from Novartis Global Health and Corporate Responsibility Department.