Have you ever wondered what the journal editor’s viewpoint is on your article, or what happens once you send your manuscript to a journal? This webinar will provide an overview of the peer review process with advice for authors on how to engage constructively with comments from editors and reviewers, and what to do when you disagree.
As part of a series of webinars jointly organised by HSG and BioMed Central exploring various aspects of publishing and the peer review process, this webinar will particularly focus on:
- What happens during the peer review process
- Models of peer review, why you should care
- What Editors and reviewers are looking for
- How decisions are made
- How to respond to reviewers’ and editors’ comments
- Dealing with rejection
- Maria Zalm – Editor for BMC Health Services Research
- Liz Hoffman – Journal Development Manager for the health services research journals at BMC.