Understanding research and publication ethics is vital for researchers, and being fully aware of the requirements is important to prevent difficulties arising. Primarily aimed at early career researchers, but relevant to those at all stages of their careers, this webinar will provide details of research and publication ethics, including how journal editors address different issues and discussion of case studies.
As part of a series of webinars jointly organised by HSG and Biomed Central exploring various aspects of publishing and the peer review process, this webinar will particularly focus on:
- Research involving humans or animals: what do journals editors expect?
- Consent for publication of individual cases or images
- What is publication ethics and what are the common problems?
- Authorship: avoiding problems
- Clinical trial registration
- Stephanie Boughton, Medical Editor, Research Integrity Group at BioMed Central
Future webinar topics this series are:
- Being a peer reviewer – guidance and how to approach your first review