Scholarly publishing presents a wide array of journals and publication models. Aimed at researchers at any stage of their career, this webinar will provide an overview of the publishing landscape, with particular emphasis on open access and innovations that can support research.
As part of a series of webinars jointly organised by HSG and BioMed Central exploring various aspects of publishing and the peer review process, this webinar will particularly focus on:
- Publishing models and what authors need to know
- Open science and open data
- Models of peer review
- Innovations and looking ahead
- Liz Hoffman, Journal Development Manager for the health services research journals at BioMed Central
- Diana Marshall, Publisher for the BMC-series journals.
Future webinar topics this series are
- Research and publication ethics
- Being a peer reviewer – guidance and how to approach your first review