Preparing your research article starts long before you begin writing. Aimed at early career researchers, but useful for those with experience of publication, this webinar will take you through the key points to consider when preparing your article and provide advice on how to approach selecting the right journal for your work. There will be chances to ask questions during the webinar.
As part of a series of webinars jointly organised by HSG and Biomed Central exploring various aspects of publishing and the peer review process, this webinar will particularly focus on:
- Planning your publication from the start
- Quick tips on English for a scientific audience
- The different sections needed in an article
- How to write an effective title and abstract
- Reporting standards
- Choosing a journal
- Getting the editors’ and reviewer’s attention
- Maria Zalm – Editor for BMC Health Services Research
- Liz Hoffman – Journal Development Manager for the health services research journals at BioMed Central.
Future webinar topics this series
- The peer review process – what happens when you send your manuscript to a journal
- Research and publication ethics – relevant to researchers at all levels
- Being a peer reviewer – guidance and how to approach your first review