This webinar, hosted by the HSG Translating Evidence into Action (E2A) Thematic Working Group (TWG) in collaboration with the Africa Evidence Network, aims to discuss the role of African researchers in contributing to localising the public health evidence and recommendations. The webinar will also seek to examine the competing demands and limited bandwidth to support the COVID response that researchers are facing, and to identify some of the challenges and opportunities for providing evidence for COVID19 decision making when health is in conflict with the economy and social challenges.
- Dr Rhona Mijumbi – Director of the Center for Rapid Evidence Synthesis (ACRES); member of COVID-19 taskforce for the Uganda Medical Association, Uganda
- Dr Benjamin S.C. Uzochukwu – Public health physician, Professor: Public Health, Health Policy, and Systems, University of Nigeria; Member: Ministerial Expert Advisory Committee on COVID-19 Health Sector Response in Nigeria
- Professor Mamadou Samba – Director General of Health: Ministry of Health and Public Hygiene; Associate Lecturer: Public Health and Health Economics – Houphouet–Boigny University Abidjan; General Coordinator Covid-19 pandemic response – Ivory Coast.
- Nasreen Jessani – HSG E2A TWG Co-Vice Chair
- Daniela Rodriguez – HSG E2A TWG Chair