During COP26, the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA), in partnership with PAHO, the European Union, AHPSR, and UK Aid, will be hosting sessions on Climate Action for Health, Health Action for Climate at the COP26 Health Pavillion.
One session will launch the newly set up HSG Thematic Working Group on Climate Resilient and Sustainable Health systems. It will provide an overview of the high-level ambitions and the supporting roadmap over the next four years, alongside a call for membership to the group.
Academic experts, public health practitioners, and funding agencies will discuss the importance of learning within health systems in the backdrop of two practical examples from the Caribbean (EU/CARIFORM and the Smart Hospitals Initiative) and summarise key challenges that health systems face in responding to the climate change and health crisis.
Chair: Kristie Ebi, University of Washington, USA (4 mins)
Launch of the Thematic Working Group by the Steering Committee (8mins)
- Revati Phalkey, UK Health Security Agency, UK(Chair of the TWG)
- SussanahMayhew, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK
Learning Health Systems (8mins)
- Kabir Sheikh, The Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research (the Alliance), Switzerland
Climate Resilient Health Systems (16mins)
- Jonathan Drewry(EU CARIFORM project) (8 mins)
- Clemens Buter (Smart Hospitals Initiative) (8 mins)
Funding Health Systems Resilience -research capacity and interventions (10mins)
- Huzeifa Bodal, Initiative for Health Systems Strengthening , GIZ (to be confirmed)
Q and A18-20 mins