If you have watched this webinar and are interested in being a peer reviewer for BMC Health Services Research, or another journal in the BMC series, then please contact email@example.com. Please specify which journal you are interested in being reviewer for and that you have participated in the BMC HSG webinar on being a peer reviewer.
One of the best ways to improve your own scientific writing is to become a peer reviewer, but approaching your first few reviews can be challenging. Aimed at researchers with limited or no experience of being a reviewer, or those wishing to improve their skills, this webinar will provide resources on how to peer review, and advice from editors on being a reviewer and how to get experience.
As part of a series of webinars jointly organised by HSG and BioMed Central exploring various aspects of publishing and the peer review process, this webinar will particularly focus on:
- How to get experience of assessing manuscripts and become a peer reviewer
- When to accept an invitation to peer review
- The initial assessment of a manuscript and closer scrutiny
- How to approach writing your report
- Hilary Logan, Editor for BMC Health Services Research
- Milena Pavlova, Section Editor for BMC Health Services Research
- Stefano Bonacina, Section Editor forBMC Health Services Research