Please note that applications are no longer being accepted as the submission deadline of March 11, 2022 has passed.
Health Systems Global (HSG) and The Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research (the Alliance) are committed to supporting individual capacity for the conduct and uptake of health policy and systems research (HPSR).
Peer-reviewed publications are important for communicating scientific work, recognition within the research community and career progression. However, women lag behind their male colleagues in publications. A 2019 Lancet review argued that the division in knowledge between genders exists in all countries, with less than 30% of the world’s researchers being women. They further argue that while the proportion of women is increasing, these women still publish less than their male counterparts.
HSG and the Alliance, in collaboration with Health Policy and Planning, invite early-career women working on HPSR issues, based in Low- and Middle-Income countries, to participate in this call. Those who are interested in publishing their HPSR research for the first time in a global peer-reviewed journal and require guidance and support to submit a publishable manuscript should apply.
Prospective mentees must:
- Be early-career women researchers seeking to publish a paper of original research relevant to the field of HPSR;
- Be resident and working in an LMIC setting;
- Already have a paper idea, outline, or draft manuscript in preparation;
- Be able to develop the abstract and scientific paper in English;
- Have no previous publications in a peer-reviewed journal with global reach as a lead author;
- Require guidance through a one-to-one mentorship to prepare a high-quality publishable manuscript for a peer-reviewed journal.
* Afro-descent and Indigenous women researchers based in Latin America & the Caribbean are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants are requested to complete this Application Form and submit a short motivation letter (max 400 words) and an abstract (max 400 words) of their completed research work which they intend to convert into a fully developed scientific paper for publishing. Please review requirements and application information in further detail in our Call for Mentees (PDF) and closely follow the instructions provided in the application form.